*USA & Canada Regions Only

Disappointed with Apr 2021 firmware update

Hyundai AutoEver’s forum provides an online meeting space for Kia owners and enthusiasts to exchange ideas that are helpful and informative. Please be respectful to others and do not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, racist, sexual nature, profane, infringe any proprietary rights, or impersonate other individual. Please no spam/advertising/self-promote type of post. Please do not ask or give personal information such as email address or phone number with intend to connect or meet outside the forum. We reserve the right to copy, delete, edit, and use any post. We also reserve the right to suspend your account after any violation. All posts represent the individual’s views and not of Kia company.

Viewing "Disappointed with Apr 2021 firmware update" Topic

2 Item(s)

Show per page
Mike Campbell Total posts: 1 Joined: 04/16/21
I downloaded and installed the April 2021 firmware update for my 2019 Sorento XL. The installation completed successfully but radio user interface is awful. In fact I might say it is almost a safety issue if trying to look at the screen to find the small buttons to change radio channels and having to click the "more" button to get to the next page of presets. I am highly disappointed in the update. I downloaded the April 2021 firmware onto a new SD card and thus I have my previous November 2020 SD card still available to me. Is there anyway possible that I can revert back to the Nov 2020 firmware by using the old SD card and restore the radio user interface. Is there a way to reconfigure the radio screen to revert to the Nov 2020 look and feel with the preset down the lefthand side where you can scroll with gestures?
Posted: 04/16/21 7:50:51 AM
Lynn Wood Total posts: 1 Joined: 07/29/21
I totally agree! The interface looks like it tries to be mod....yet totally fails on the safe use area. Let's hope someone with more responsible leanings (and less of the pseudo "hip" stuff) can get a new update ASAP!!!!!
Posted: 07/29/21 1:53:15 PM

2 Item(s)

Show per page

Copyright © 2022 Hyundai AutoEver, Inc. All rights reserved.