*USA & Canada Regions Only

2014 Cadenza KIA Logo Screen Hangup

Hyundai AutoEver’s forum provides an online meeting space for Kia owners and enthusiasts to exchange ideas that are helpful and informative. Please be respectful to others and do not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, racist, sexual nature, profane, infringe any proprietary rights, or impersonate other individual. Please no spam/advertising/self-promote type of post. Please do not ask or give personal information such as email address or phone number with intend to connect or meet outside the forum. We reserve the right to copy, delete, edit, and use any post. We also reserve the right to suspend your account after any violation. All posts represent the individual’s views and not of Kia company.

Viewing "2014 Cadenza KIA Logo Screen Hangup" Topic

3 Item(s)

Show per page
Enrique Hernandez Total posts: 2 Joined: 10/02/21
I followed the instructions for update. After a half hour and the system updating 6 update steps it restarted then stayed on the KIA Logo splash screen. Its now about 2 hours and it is still on the splash screen. Did something go wrong or does it take this long to install the software?
Posted: 10/02/21 7:48:02 AM
Ian S MODERATOR Total posts: 16 Joined: 04/16/21
I followed the instructions for update. After a half hour and the system updating 6 update steps it restarted then stayed on the KIA Logo splash screen. Its now about 2 hours and it is still on the splash screen. Did something go wrong or does it take this long to install the software?
Thank you for reaching out to our forums about the update. At this time I recommend reaching out to us via our chats or calling us at 888-757-0010 for 1 on 1 support about the issue. We will need to verify if the order was ordered or downloaded and then troubleshoot the issue from there. Thank you again and have a great day!
Posted: 10/02/21 9:52:13 AM
Enrique Hernandez Total posts: 2 Joined: 10/02/21
Ian S (MODERATOR) said:
Thank you for reaching out to our forums about the update. At this time I recommend reaching out to us via our chats or calling us at 888-757-0010 for 1 on 1 support about the issue. We will need to verify if the order was ordered or downloaded and then troubleshoot the issue from there. Thank you again and have a great day!
I resolved the issue. For those with a 2014 Cadenza you may want to check what I had to do. My problem was that I did not reset my settings to factory default before starting the update. Now I have to say that the link provided with the box code did not work well. It did take me to a place to open the manual but only the cover page showed and no matter how I tried I couldn't get to any instruction on how to update the system. I had to go to Youtube and find a video on updating a KIA navigation system. I did disable the bluetooth on my phone so I wouldn't have it connect with the unit while updating. With the car turned off I swapped the SD Cards. I started the car and the unit recognized that it was an update and started the update. Unfortunately, after updating it rebooted the system but it hung on the KIA splash screen. I left it for 3 hours but it was still hung up. I looked in the troubleshooting section of the website and it said to do a soft reset. The instructions said to use a paper clip or other pointy device to put in the reset hole. Well, my car does not have hole to reset the system. I didn't want to do the hard reset so I restarted the car and it went to a blank screen. I pushed the Info button on the unit and it went to the settings. I touched and opened the system update icon. There it had a reset button to touch, so I touched it and it reset the system. It also has an update box so I touched that also and it started to update the system again. This time when it booted it worked. I had to customize to my settings again because it was on the default. I have to say that my system has many options now that it did not have before. In just about every section of the system there are more options and ways to customize. It was nerve racking to do the update thinking that at any moment the head unit was going to brick and I would have to buy a new one. But I love the new update so far. I haven't tried navigating but I did set a destination and used the simulation and it looked like it is going to work fine. BTW, the simulation option is also new. I didn't have that option before that I remember. All in all I am very happy with the update and I am smiling right now. Then of course, it could be the half bottle of rum I drank, the joint I smoked and the valium I took to calm my nerves after the update. Good luck and keep booze and drugs around for after the update. Your going to need it.
Posted: 10/02/21 7:02:46 PM

3 Item(s)

Show per page

Copyright © 2021 Hyundai AutoEver, Inc. All rights reserved.